Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is currently seeking a
2020 summer electrical and computer engineering intern to support its research
and development of our in vitro diagnostic instruments. This individual will
explore new technologies and support wide range of design, development and test
from the digital and analog electronic circuits to computer and network used in
- Design, perform design verification on and troubleshoot digital, analog electronic circuits
- Write embedded test code in C, collect test data and perform data analysis
- Develop low complexity PC Board assemblies and test fixtures.
- Develop test firmware/scripts for automated testing of assemblies.
- Perform integration testing of new hardware with thorough documentation of test results
- Work with engineers, write and release engineering documents
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Actively enrolled in a degree program focused on Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Experience with digital/analog circuit, microcontrollers and embedded programming
- Experience with high level programming languages and IDE
- Hands-on experience with soldering and circuit testing
- Work independently as well as strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of skill in decision making, problem solving and analytics
- Integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Aptitude and passion for digital and firmware design
- Knowledge of asynchronous communication protocols
- Familiarity with engineering tools and test equipment
Job ID: 184673
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.