Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for a Client Service Manager to support our Building Technologies team in Phoenix AZ. The CSM acts as a sort of project manager for reoccurring maintenance for customers—keeping their contracts on schedule while looking for additional sales opportunities within the scope of the customers’ maintenance objectives. This position will focus on our Fire and Automation Service business and will report to the Phoenix Service Operations Manager.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Manages accounts for all assigned service customers providing outstanding customer satisfaction and retention. Serves as the main contact for all service product lines including: service plans/contracts, Extras, Time and Material, Non-Installed Parts, plus Installed Service projects.
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues in a timely, effective, and professional manner.
- Provides assistance to service-sales people during job take-off, product application, estimating, and customer demonstrations; performs site surveys and audits as needed.
- Identifies additions to service, upgrades, and revenue during contract renewals to meet customer needs and improve system efficiency.
- Develops account strategies and sells independently or in a team environment, depending on the account (more independently as higher in level). Leads quality assurance activities and may assist w/ renewals on assigned accounts.
- Develops, implements, and executes labor and material plans for service plans, Extras, T and M and Installed Service jobs. Establishes a work plan and preventative maintenance schedule and project management tasking using the Service Management System (SMS) to fulfill assigned account commitments. Works with coordinators to plan manpower skills and availability, documentation, workload balance and resolves schedule conflicts.
- Ensures project profitability through achieving plan gross margin levels, billing and collections, and effective cost containment procedures. Manages all internal accounting and revenue recognition systems and assists with revenue and staffing forecasting activities.
- Reviews all labor related project estimates prior to customer proposal and booking. May be required to assist in pricing decisions.
- Provides day to day direction to dotted-line field personnel to ensure that the service plan/contract is being executed as planned with the customer.
- May participate on special assignments and/or assist in developing and implementing customer training aimed at improving customer knowledge.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required travel: 5%
· Required experience: Professional experience with Building Technologies (building automation and/or fire & life safety) and the skills needed to manage technical accounts (such as project management, schedule management, change orders, etc. related to preventative maintenance).
· Other requirements:
o Excellent communication skills in English.
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other service related tools.
o Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Preferred experience: Experience in fire alarm or other life safety customer service.
· Other preferences:
o NICET Level 1 or higher.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 184682
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.