Company: SISW - Mentor
Job Title: Senior Cloud Architect (SaaS Cloud Solutions) - 184684
Job Location: US - Multiple Locations
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Cloud Architect – SaaS Cloud Solutions
A brand new team. A brand new location. A brand new opportunity.
You’re a Cloud Architect. You know how to design great architecture for new software solutions. You understand how to leverage the most out of Cloud offerings. You embrace Agile and Scrum as your preferred way of working and you’re at your best when you’re collaborating with teams of developers and engineers. And now, you have the chance to be the leading Cloud Architect in a brand new team, based in Katowice, who will build our new SaaS architecture and be at the heart of this high profile new group.
Mentor, a Siemens Company, is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. You might not know that we’re focusing on a new SaaS offering for Electronic Board Systems, to complement the existing market leading desktop and on-premise solutions. To do this, we’re setting up a brand new team in Katowice, focused on delivering cloud solutions that leverage the investments made in our desktop and on-premise products, our Siemens Cloud solutions, as well as our market leading low-code platform. We’re proud to work in a fast-paced environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you’re looking for, here’s what you’ll need to know.
What will I do?
- Design our technical architecture – you’ll lead this for all software developed in the EBS Cloud team. Working closely with Product Owners, you develop the software architectures we need to address business opportunities that we’re going after. The architecture design activity could be prototype code, researching an emerging technology, developing applications and microservices, testing harnesses, DevOps pipeline steps, and cloud development technology. You’ll implement software ideas, collaborating with the broader network of Siemens Cloud architects to develop an Electronics solution that builds on the existing cloud architecture. You’ll write stories for software implementations, and the test code to validate them.
- Solve problems – You’ll assess business problems and system needs, identifying and building architectural enablers wherever they’re needed. You’re going to solve complex problems, so you’ll have to find rational, well-informed solutions and get things done in a collaborative way – we don’t like silos here!
- Provide and share technical expertise – You’ll enhance and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards, but you’ll share this knowledge, providing technical guidance to the development team, mentoring and guiding engineers, and being an advocate and role model for Continuous Delivery. You’ll be at the heart of planning, making timeline commitments and providing effort estimates that help us stay on top of our plans.
This role is at the forefront of our new team – you’re a leader. You’re at the heart of technical expertise across the team, promoting transparency and connecting people at every opportunity by sharing your knowledge. At Siemens, everyone has the opportunity to positively impact thousands of customers, and you will be called on to identify, realise, and drive these opportunities as our Cloud Architect.
What’s needed to do this job successfully?
We’re looking for three key things
- Technical expertise as a Cloud Architect
- The ability to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
- A track record of building great software
You’ll already need to be an experienced Cloud Architect – someone with experience as a full stack engineer, for both server and client-side applications, and a track record of building and maintaining highly scalable distributed systems. You’ll need the knowledge that comes along with an education in software engineering or computer science, backed up with real world programming and coding skills gained from working in service-oriented architectures. Object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving are second nature to you, and you love nothing more than finding and implementing the kind of software solutions that offer feature-rich capabilities. Your skills include using containers and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, and you’ll have a solid understanding of Cloud security principles, as well as knowing how to optimize costs for cloud products. If you’ve already designed at least one complex, scalable, high-performance software system that has been successfully delivered to customers, we want to hear from you.
You’ll need at least a few of these things in your tool kit for this role:
- Modern programming language, preferably in C#
- Node.js, Express, and TypeScript
- Securing APIs with JWT, SCIM, OpenID and OAUTH
- DevOps orchestration tools
- AWS cloud services
- RESTful API's and micro services on AWS or Azure
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components and how they are architected in AWS
- Experience with Aurora DB (PostgreSQL or MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases
- Messaging and Event Sourcing
We’ll hire someone who brings great positive energy to the role. You’ll be at your best when you’re diving in to explore new technologies and trends to see their practical possibilities, and you’ll be the kind of person who thrives on sharing what you know in a collaborative way – if you’re regularly using Stack Overflow and Git Hub, you’re probably our kind of Architect. Ideally, you’ll be very comfortable presenting to senior executives and influencing decision-making at the C-level, but just as happy to mentor junior software engineers, building their confidence and supporting their development too.
What’s the catch?
There is none. We offer a great salary and benefits – everything you’d expect from a world-renowned company. You get to join at the very start of a high profile global project with the backing of a great leader. You’ll be surrounded by passionate and driven colleagues who share a vision for the success of this team, and you’ll have every opportunity to grow and develop at the heart of our organization.
Travel Required: 15%
Job ID: 184684
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.