Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for Engineering, are you ready to take your next steps in the world of Telecommunication? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our internship programme differs from others. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
- Embark on your year placement whilst taking part in our phenomenal internship development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you’ll be set up with great knowledge to equip you for a professional career within Siemens.
- Experience a full project lifecycle of a Railway Telecoms project; working on a variety of different tasks from Design right through to Installation, Test and Commissioning.
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Network Design, as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Work on real projects which may include Operational and Retail Communications Systems.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Be a valued member within a team of Early Careers (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to executive management. It provides you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Projects for clients related to Control and Information systems, primarily in the rail sector.
- Technically understanding our customer requirements and then ensuring that solutions are designed and implemented in a methodical manner under the supervision of engineering personnel whilst utilising industry best practices.
- Ensure products or projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality/testing procedures and meet all applicable legislation and project requirements.
- Utilise Root Cause Analysis processes when solving problems.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the internship development programme www.siemens.co.uk/interns will teach you softer skills such as communication, teamwork, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now!
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 184725
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time