- Experience a full project Lifecycle of a Railway Telecoms project; working on variety of different tasks from Design right through to Installation, Test and Commissioning.
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway with more and more projects moving towards this technology.
- Be exposed to Network Design as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Be a valued member within a team of Entry Level Talent (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to management. This project will provide you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities; such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
- Participate in the Apprentice ‘Swap Scheme’, an exchange programme allowing apprentices to experience different areas of the business (e.g. Rail Automation to Rail Electrification).
- When you join the business, you will be allocated to a Fixed Telecoms delivery team where you will work under mentorship on our current projects on a rotation basis
- At the same time you will be signed up to the academic element of your apprenticeship with the Open University. To support you, 20% of your standard weekly working hours will be spent studying for your degree. (20% off the job study time throughout your apprenticeship is still paid for)
- By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have gained the knowledge and skills to become a Fixed Telecoms specialist as well as a degree as a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional
- You will have a minimum of 3 A-levels or BTEC equivalent at C or above in maths and other STEM related subjects.
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Continue your learning beyond college and get your degree debt-free whilst earning a salary of £20,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Job ID: 184730
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time