- Learn to collect detailed requirements, design, implement, test, install and maintain SCADA/PLC control, monitoring systems
- Learn/improve your software knowledge and skills as you may be required to write, analyse, test and integrate various software systems and databases.
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Network Design, as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Be a valued member within a team of Entry Level Talent (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to management. This project will provide you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
- Participate in the Apprentice ‘Swap Scheme’, an exchange programme allowing apprentices to experience different areas of the business (e.g. Rail Automation to Rail Electrification).
- When you join the business, you will be allocated to a SCADA delivery team where you will work under mentorship on our current projects on a rotation basis
- At the same time you will be signed up to the academic element of your apprenticeship with the Open University. To support you, 20% of your standard weekly working hours will be spent studying for your degree. (20% off the job study time throughout your apprenticeship is still paid for)
- Over the 4 years you will work on real projects which may include Integrated Station Management, Passenger Information Systems, Remote Condition Monitoring systems, Operational and Retail Communications Systems.
- By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have gained the knowledge and skills to become a SCADA delivery specialist as well as a degree as a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional
- You will have a minimum of 3 A-levels or equivalent at C or above in maths and other STEM related subjects
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to relocate and travel. This apprenticeship is rotational, and we want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement will be in different UK locations.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Continue your learning beyond college and get your degree debt-free whilst earning a salary of £20,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Have the chance to get to know each Mobility division through the rotational element of your apprenticeship - Siemens will help to fund each placement away from home.
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Job ID: 184745
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time