Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for engineering, are you ready to take your next steps in the world of SCADA delivery? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our internship programme differs from others. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Embark on your year placement whilst taking part in our phenomenal internship development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you’ll be set up with great knowledge to equip you for a professional career within Siemens.
- Learn to capture detailed requirements, design, implement, test, install and maintain SCADA/PLC control, monitoring systems.
- Experience the project Lifecycle of a Railway Telecoms project; working on variety of different tasks from Design right through to Installation, Test and Commissioning.
- Learn/improve your software knowledge and skills as you may be required to write, analyse, test and integrate various software systems and databases.
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Network Design, as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Work on real projects which may include Integrated Station Management, Passenger Information Systems, Remote Condition Monitoring systems, Operational and Retail Communications Systems.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You must be studying towards an Electrical, Electronics, Software, Systems or Computer Engineering degree, aiming for a 2:2 or above.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with technical issues and make timely, sound decisions with minimal consultation.
- Ability to develop a firm understanding and appreciation of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making within the relevant industries.
- An understanding of quantifying and managing technical risk when involved with project work.
- Appreciation of requirements management.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the internship development programme www.siemens.co.uk/interns will teach you softer skills such as communication, teamwork, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of (insert discipline). Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 184751
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time