Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for engineering, are you ready to take your next steps in the world of SCADA Delivery? We believe our summer internships differ from others. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
- Learn to capture detailed requirements, design, implement, test, install and maintain SCADA/PLC control, monitoring systems.
- Experience the project Lifecycle of a Railway Telecoms project; working on variety of different tasks from Design right through to Installation, Test and Commissioning.
- Learn/improve your software knowledge and skills as you may be required to write, analyse, test and integrate various software systems and databases.
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Network Design, as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Work on real projects which may include Integrated Station Management, Passenger Information Systems, Remote Condition Monitoring systems, Operational and Retail Communications Systems.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Be a valued member within a team of Early Careers (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to executive management. It provides you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You must be studying towards an Electrical, Electronics, Software, Systems or Computer Engineering degree, aiming for a 2:2 or above.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with technical issues and make timely, sound decisions with minimal consultation.
- Ability to develop a firm understanding and appreciation of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making within the relevant industries.
- An understanding of quantifying and managing technical risk when involved with project work.
- Appreciation of requirements management.
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum (pro rata).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 184754
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time