Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of SCADA? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in engineering? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
- Begin your graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Learn/improve your software knowledge and skills as you will be required to write largely in C#, analyse, test and integrate various software systems and databases.
- Learn to capture detailed requirements, design, implement, test, install and maintain SCADA/PLC control, monitoring systems
- Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Network Design, as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
- Work on real projects which may include Integrated Station Management, Passenger Information Systems, Remote Condition Monitoring systems, Operational and Retail Communications Systems.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Be a valued member within a team of Early Careers (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to executive management. It provides you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You must be studying towards an Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Computer Engineering degree, aiming for a 2:2 or above.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with technical issues and make timely, sound decisions with minimal consultation.
- Ability to develop a firm understanding and appreciation of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making within the relevant industries.
- An understanding of quantifying and managing technical risk when involved with project work.
- Appreciation of requirements management.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of software engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Job ID: 184755
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time