Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are a great option for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll be able to learn new skills whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Siemens has expertise in many areas of technology, one of them being Railway Signalling Control systems and equipment, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.
Siemens Mobility Ltd help to solve the problems of increasing traffic by working with railway operators to improve the capacity, punctuality and security of their systems. We also ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum. As part of our Mobility division, you will be part of a team helping to provide solutions to these and many other topics as well as supporting products and projects which have a real impact on the real world.
As an apprentice in Siemens Rail Infrastructure (a part of Siemens Mobility), you will be part of the Manufacturing team based at our site in Chippenham, in the South West of the UK. Working in departments such as Production/Test Engineering, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement, Logistics, Sales and Sales/Production Planning. You will help to provide equipment to the world’s Rail networks with the market leader in train control in the UK and globally.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life products and projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a minimum of a 3 year apprenticeship (maximum of 4 years) where you will be put onto a Level 4 Engineering Technical qualification and undergo a range of assessments which will enable you to also achieve a Level 4 Vocational qualification.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 3 - 4: You will have completed your Technical qualification at the end of year 2 and whilst it isn’t a part of the apprenticeship, you will be able to explore the option of progressing to a higher technical qualification (many of our apprentices do progress to degree level – this is paid for by Siemens together with paid time off to study at college or university). With the training received and experience gained by the end of year 3, you will be able to produce a portfolio of work-based evidence which will enable you to complete your vocational competency qualification. The knowledge and skills gained whilst on the programme will enable you to support the Manufacturing function in a range of roles ensuring the timely delivery of globally renowned, high quality, Railway Signalling and Control equipment.
- Year 2: College will continue on a day release basis and you will join the manufacturing department for the remaining 4 days of the week and start learning about our manufacturing processes and techniques. Working on the job under mentorship you will be able to compile work-based evidence which will be used to support your Vocational qualification.
- Year 1: You will be based at one of our chosen colleges full time during year 1 where you will start your 2 year Level 3 or Level 4 Technical qualification and also gain practical experience in their workshops developing the core knowledge and skills which are the foundation for many aspects of technology.
With the training received and experience gained by the end of year 3, you will be able to produce a portfolio of work-based evidence which will enable you to complete your vocational competency qualification. The knowledge and skills gained whilst on the programme will enable you to support the Manufacturing function in a range of roles ensuring the timely delivery of globally renowned, high quality, Railway Signalling and Control equipment.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Advanced - L3 - You should have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 4 GCSE's, or equivalent which must include Maths at level 5 together with English Language and a Science subject at Level 4 or above. Predicted grades will be accepted.
- Higher - L4 - You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels or equivalent including maths at grade C or higher.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve either 5 GCSE's at grade 5 or above including maths and English language for the level 3 apprenticeship or 3 A Levels or equivalent including maths at grade C or higher.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning whilst earning a starting salary of £16,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
- Be a part of the Entry Level Talent community with other ambitious young people and take paid volunteering days so you can help others with our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme
- Have real responsibility and contribute towards live rail projects as well as the opportunity to develop soft skills to compliment your technical skills in the workplace
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 184764
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time