- Year 1: You will be based at one of our chosen colleges full time during year 1 where you will start your 2 year Level 3 or Level 4 Technical qualification and also gain practical experience in their workshops developing the core knowledge and skills which are the foundation for many aspects of technology.
- Year 2: College will continue on a day release basis and you will join the workplace for 4 days a week, whilst in the workplace you will start a programme of Rail specific training spread over the next 2-3 years whilst working on the job under mentorship with our signalling design teams.
- Year 3 - 4: You will have completed your Technical qualification at the end of year 2 and whilst it isn’t a part of the apprenticeship, you will be able to explore the option of progressing to a higher technical qualification (many of our apprentices do progress to degree level – this is paid for by Siemens together with paid time off to study at college or university). With the training received and experience gained by the end of year 3, you will be able to produce a portfolio of work-based evidence which will enable you to complete your vocational competency qualification and help you to achieve an “Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers” (IRSE) license which is recognised globally. The knowledge and skills gained whilst on the programme will enable you to support the Signalling design function ensuring the timely delivery of globally renowned, high quality, Railway Signalling and Control solutions.
- Advanced - L3 - You should have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 4 GCSE's, or equivalent which must include Maths at level 5 together with English Language and a Science subject at Level 4 or above. Predicted grades will be accepted.
- Higher - L4 - You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels or equivalent including maths at grade C or higher.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Continue your learning whilst earning a starting salary of £16,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
- Be a part of the Entry Level Talent community with other ambitious young people and take paid volunteering days so you can help others with our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme
- Have real responsibility and contribute towards live rail projects as well as the opportunity to develop soft skills to compliment your technical skills in the workplace
Job ID: 184771
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time