The Project Manager - North American Service Operations Project Management Office is responsible for the management of all warranty campaigns as well as service-based aftermarket projects. The project manager will direct multiple small to medium projects, and at least one large project that is very complex. The project will be managed from initiation through (planning, design, execution, monitoring, & controlling) to project closure.
· Sole responsibility of the project from implementation through completion.
· Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the project initiative in collaboration with business users and stakeholders.
· Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
· Monitor project performance to ensure the team stays on approved timeline, manage the global project team, manage budget performance, identify risks involved in a project and mitigate those risks.
· Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plan and schedules.
· Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Provide project revenue reports and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates.
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
· Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, schedule, budget, and overall status.
· Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, work statements, specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract.
· Identify of parts list as needed per work scope.
· Proactively assist Sales, Marketing and Field Service in order solicitation (planning, identifying, quoting, ordering, and BOM interpretation)
· Able to research technical records to provide parts clarification.
· Apply SGRE Operational Service PMO project management methodology and processes to define the scope of the project, create WBS, estimate time, develop the project schedule, estimate project costs, create a baseline budget, monitor and approve project costs, monitor cost to budget performance, craft a communications plan, perform a risk analysis and manage risk throughout the project lifecycle, devise a resource plan, perform stakeholder analysis as well as gain stakeholders’ approvals, ensure technical documents are complete and to quality, control project change by exercising the change management process, maintain the quality standard, as well as close out projects, capturing lessons learned.
· Maintain cross-functional/P&L interfaces, and utilize skills such as the ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions, and resolve conflicts.
· Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address problems as they arise.
· Have the ability to multi-task.
· Drive a high performance culture through strong leadership, and effective team management using varied resources across multiple geographical departmental, and organizational silos.
· As part of the Service Operations Project Management Team, help define the future portfolio of Wind Services.
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience
Advance level of knowledge in:
· OOEM experience
· Bilingual (English, Spanish)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Relationship building
· Project scheduling
· Project budgeting
· Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
· Technical knowledge on the different SGRE platforms
· MS Office & products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Projects & Visio)
· Subcontractor and vendor management
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· PMP Cert. preferred or equivalent experience
· Travel required: up to 35%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 184773
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.