An Application Engineer, you will bring high level of technical knowledge, commercial knowledge, and good communication skills to the team. In addition, your professional experienced of full understanding of specialization resolving a wide range of issues in creative ways will be vital to this role. The position requires a broad application of engineering principles, theories and concepts in applicable discipline, plus a working knowledge of other related fields.
Scope of Responsibilities
As a Application Engineer , you will quickly discern and address technical areas of concern; write, review, and comment to equipment specifications; pinpoint design features; determine value of proposition and opportunity; accurately estimate costs of materials and labor components to implement a design solution; generate a thorough and accurate technical/commercial sales proposal; and most important is to effectively communicate all of the above to bridge the gap between operations, marketing, sales, contractors, and ultimately our customers.
- Maintain good records
- Perform front-end technical evaluations, perform basic calculations, and conduct preliminary design/proposal review meetings to mitigate technical risk on revamp/upgrade opportunities.
- Review Client data and perform technical review to investigate if sufficient details are available to develop a revamp/upgrade solution and to evaluate existing machinery reliability concerns from a design perspective.
- Perform technical data integrity checks:
- Develop and review aerodynamic solutions (SmartPerf files)
- Check for application of proper correction factors
- Check mechanical fit / stage spacing requirements
- Review for best method of manufacture
- Check for proper material selection
- Develop Aerodynamic and Mechanical Revamp/Upgrade Options to address Client needs/concerns
- Develop cost model for proposed solution (hardware, labor, engineering, buy-out, risk, travel, and commercial instrument costs)
- Develop technical/commercial proposals and present data to customers (internal, and external as required)
- Performance & mechanical details
- Payback analysis (value calculations)
- Scope of supply, price, and delivery
- Facilitate order entry and commercial review of Client Purchase Agreement
- Lead Project Kick-Off Meetings
- Lead / train new application engineer's on:
- Basic aerodynamic performance calculations
- Centrifugal compressor product features
- Developing revamp solutions and writing proposals
- Following the inquiry/application process
- Develop and maintain electronic tools to assist other Application Engineers
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelors' degree
- 8 years progressive engineering experience
- Experience writing technical/commercial proposals
- Experience working for a major rotating equipment
- Working foundational knowledge of these subjects is required: compressor thermodynamic performance, rotordynamics, strength of materials, materials of construction selection, machinery design, and compressor aerodynamic design.
Job ID: 184839
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.