- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Support PCB (Printed Circuit Board) vendors and Electronics Contract Manufacturing on all DFM (Design for Manufacturing) and outstanding issues and questions
- Support metal shops die-cast sheet metal and extrusion in all issues and questions related to the mechanical design and production
- NPI product transition from Development to Manufacturing Sales and Support
- Demonstrate program management skills working in production and contract manufacturing environment according to ISO9000 documentation standards
- Continuous Process Improvement DFX (Design for Excellence) and Design for Manufacturability; Design for Test and Defect Reduction
- Establish proficient NPI processes at the Contract Manufacturing to ensure timely Build Test Shipments of new products to meet Prototype Pilot and Production standards
- Review and approve SMT (Surface-Mount Technology) and Wave profiles at the Contract Manufacturing
- Work with RD to provide feedback on DFX and participate in design reviews
- Participate in developing test strategies using test methodology at PCBAs and system levels debugging troubleshooting
- Actively involved with Quality team in resolving any quality issues and address challenges at Contract Manufacturing
- Support RMA-CAR (Return Merchandise Authorization and Corrective Action Request) process; analyze and drive continuous improvement projects based on outgoing quality metrics during Prototype and Pre-production phases
- Work on defect reduction process improvements and quality assurance projects as part of product release to production
- Create product assembly documentation; work on new product process development and maintain new products release documentations
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in electronics manufacturing/operations preferably in the networking or electronics manufacturing industry
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing processes including SMT through-hole technology and box build assembly
- In-depth knowledge of PCB / PCBA manufacturing process, including protective coating application (Conformal Coating, Potting)
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical parts manufacturing process
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and MRP (Material Requirements Planning); Planning systems knowledge
- Ability to create influential relationships with contract manufacturers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail is critical
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment; professional attitude; goal and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task; work in a very fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
- Six Sigma working knowledge
- Asset: JIT and Lean manufacturing knowledge
Job ID: 184847
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.