As the Funding Analyst, you will balance between liability management (transactional execution and governance) for $13B Leasing/Loan assets and supporting global harmonization of liability management modelling/methods/systems. You will develop and maintain relationships, processes, and financial models. Your key constituency will be financial risk managers, financial planners/business controlling, IT teams, governance functions. You will be responsible for maintaining process performance metrics and driving process improvements for the liability management portion of the department. You will also support other miscellaneous projects/services/objectives given to the overall department. Your success in this role will require a service-oriented mindset combined with financial modelling, communication, project management, and technical skills.
Provider of on real time and risk driven liability management activities, hedging the liquidity, interest, and foreign exchange risk for lease/loan/equity assets across multiple business segments
- Governance service provider ensuring compliance and transparency (via risk & financial reporting) of the entire SFS AM portfolio of liabilities to Global, Local, and business unit specific policies
- Tools & Methods expert providing business units/sales with insight/education about policy, liability management modelling/reporting, hedging options for new/existing business
- You will ensure alignment between Global, Local, and business unit specific policies, process definition, and system functionality.
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field require (Masters a plus)
- Education concentration in Statistics, Data Science, and/or MIS (Management Information System)
- 6 to 18 months of internship experience in financial services
- 0 - 4 years of working experience in a financial service (leasing and lending)
- Ability to problem solve in both tactical and strategic situations
- Financial Qualifications
- Basic understanding of financial markets (stock/bond/swaps)
- Basic understanding of financial risks (Interest rate risk, currency risk, etc)
- Ability to break down desired outcomes into a series of process and technical requirements along with appropriate testing
- Basic utilization of Microsoft Excel (Access and PowerPoint a plus)
- Project Management
- People management skills, change management, conflict resolution
- Effective communication skills including, Interpersonal/Presentation, User/Technical documentation
- Data Scientist
- Proficient in data mining, aggregation, and presentation methods
- Proficient mathematical skills/ability to quantitatively model business scenarios
- “R”, SAP BO, Tableau, etc.)
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Job ID: 184863
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.