Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Project Manager to join our service team in Oregon / SW Washington. The project manager will manage large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. This person will supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects, and will ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· Project managers in our service business will be involved with every aspect of the service business, this is to include but not limited to projects direct to the end-user, projects to mechanical and general contractors, along with service agreement execution and pull through T&M work.
· Participates in pre bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Associates degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis in mechanical engineering / construction engineering management
· 3+ years Project Management experience either as a primary role or imbedded activities in a relatable role (ie project engineer, project coordinator, operations management) in the construction or mechanical industry.
· An integral desire to provide world class service to customers through authentic relationships, developing trust through actions and follow through, along with a need to be the trust technical advisor for the end-user
· Strong knowledge of construction industry fundamentals and business operations, including but not limited to understanding of the Contractor Tier structure, as well as the relationship between owners, investors, developers, architects, MEP firms, design building contractors, general contractors and sub-contractor
· Strong skills in interpreting contract language and contract negotiations as modifications are requested/required throughout the life of a project. Shown through confident execution of projects with the successful mitigation of risks, beneficial pay-terms, legal modifications resulting in minimal impact to actual SOW required for project.
· An understanding of project financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects, through maintaining project budgets, schedules and SOW expectations.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· PMP Certification preferred
· Building Automation / Mechanical Background / Experience
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 184878
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.