As the LNG Business Development Director, you will be apart of the Oil & Gas LNG dedicated organization reporting directly to the Regional Director of LNG Business Development for the Americas.
Siemens Gas & Power operating company seeks to bolster its market position in the LNG space through a dedicated Global LNG Team in charge of developing a truly integrated life-cycle strategy from concept development to project execution up to plan operation.
The LNG “go to market” strategy will be deployed by providing expanded product offerings, LNG solutions and advanced long-term service contracts to its customers, which may include pre-FEED/FEED services, rotating, electrical and automation equipment, modularization, liquefaction licensor interface management, EPC joint ventures / consortium and integrated maintenance master plans.
In addition, as part of Siemens LNG/Gas to Power holistic approach, the LNG team is screening, on selective basis, Siemens involvement in the provision of development capital or other financial instruments that leverage company balance sheet to secure new business and exclusivity.
You will also work closely with the senior leadership team as part of LNG dedicated organization and will contribute to the strategic growth objectives of the Business line. In addition, you will maintain close alignment with other regional sales/account management or groups from other Siemens Business units and affiliates to allow a streamlined approach to key projects and customers.
- Achieving the sales & business development targets driving specific business opportunities and other strategic goals established with the LNG Leadership Team
- Operate as a “Deal-Team/Capture Team” lead, overseeing and coordinating a Capture Team with proposal, engineering, Project Management, finance and legal experts to set the strategy and actions for delivering complex LNG Projects,
- Coordinating the effort with external stakeholders, negotiating the contracts with customers and maintaining relationship with decision influencers.
- Ability to assess LNG projects and their fitness to meet final investment decision (FID), identifying Siemens LNG business strategy and objectives.
- Screening prospects and opportunities to ensure focused on those with the highest probability of success being accountable for the final result.
- Working together with LNG Leadership team to originate / create deals that leverage Siemens offerings for selected opportunities regions/customers
- Implementing, developing and executing a proper customer engagement plan, create and efficiently manage key client relationships (I/NOCs, EPC, Developers] and create comprehensive win strategies
- Ability to select partners for various phases of project delivery from pre-FEED through FEED and project execution.
- Ability to accurate forecast business and work within company’s CRM tool
- Coordinate his effort with the local Siemens Oil & Gas team to allow a streamlined communication channel towards main customers and stakeholders
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field industry
- 10 years within business development and projects
- 3-5 years of technical experience
- 3 years of LNG industry experience
- Strong presentation skills for both internal executive and external customer facing meetings
- IOC/NOC/EPC communications and business development experience
- Prospect / Deal origination experience
- Strong decision skills
- Setting and executing Deal team strategy and driving results
- Commercial and financial acumen
- High level technical background on LNG facilities including key components
- EPC, LNG SPA Offtake or related contract negotiation experience
- Strong understanding of competitors strengths and Weaknesses
- Self-determined acumen and Driven to see projects through to completion
- Customer Fascination
- Team Player and ability to coordinate with others in the team
- Travel up to 35% which may include weekend travel or evenings (Domestic/International)
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree with Commercial/Financial/MBA Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with closing multi million dollar business transaction
- Experience working within cross functional / matrix organizations
- Experience winning pre-FEED, FEED, and EPC contracts
- Knowledge on how to leverage captive finance to further develop projects
- Empowerable due to strong decision making skills
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 184880
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.