Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for the disassembly & assembly of repairing & overhauling Power Turbine Rotors & Assembly of Repaired & new Power Turbine Rotors, Responsibilities include cleaning of parts using media blast & chemical cleaning processes, precision measuring & fitting of components, assembly and components balancing, using assembly drawings to Identify the correct parts have been issued to assemble the Power Turbine Rotors.
The manufacturing Technicians takes daily working instructions from the Shop Lead, and the Technicians & Shop Lead reports directly into the Operations Managers. The Power Turbine Rotor Shop is the only OEM shop and is in Houston Texas and is a Globally supported shop. The manufacturing shop is in a climate-controlled work environment in a day shift operation working Monday through Friday 6:30 to 3:00 and overtime is worked as needed to support customer requirements. Safety First Culture must follow all Safety Rules and Guidelines. Completes daily requirements in a manufacturing shop environment under supervision.
- Verify parts lists from Bill of Materials, unpack materials for projects, record part related information such as serial numbers / part numbers logs.
- Disassemble & assemble product per documented instructions and drawings,
- Must have attention to detail with the ability to read and understand engineering assembly drawings.
- Follow verbal and written instructions and the ability to working independently
- Ability to safely lift items not to exceed 50 Lbs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 2 to 5 years of mechanical experience working with shop equipment such as, Hand tools, Measuring devices, Grinders, Drills, Impacts-Air operated hand tools, Pallet Jacks, Overhead Cranes.
- Must be able to pass OSHA Respirator requirements, all facial hair must meet the OSHA Respirator guidelines
- Must be able to lift and move Parts of 50 Lbs. or more daily
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working on Power Turbines
- 1 to 2 years operating forklifts
- 1 to 2 years sand blasting experience in a walk-in sand blast booth
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 184891
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.