Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently seeking an experienced Project Logistics Operator (Order Management) to support our Northeast Zone. This position will ideally be located out of our Canton, MA (Boston) office, but we would consider other locations such as Cromwell, CT (Hartford), Scarborough, ME, or Florham Park, NJ. This position supports projects with logistics activities aimed at increasing customer satisfaction and ensuring the success of the project through accurate and on-schedule material supply.
§ Performs logistics activities in projects in order to guarantee an economical and on-schedule delivery of materials as defined by the Project Manager in the installation schedule.
§ Owns the process of material requisitioning in projects assigned, utilizing all relevant logistics data and options in order to minimize transport and handling costs in balance with optimal installation efforts as defined by Engineering and Project Management.
§ Coordinates, communicates and maintains all dates and information from internal and external suppliers, project procurement, transport providers, and service providers for the entire supply chain process in order to ensure an accurate, on schedule and economical process.
§ Ensures availability of information to the project team regarding disposition of materials during transport.
§ Creates and coordinates corrective actions needed to ensure materials arrive on site in line with installation schedule.
§ Creates efficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability based on the needs of the project supply concept in order to provide an assured data and information base for project planning.
§ Documents and processes complaints or transport damages with responsible partners (Warehouse Team, Procurement, Insurance, Project Controlling, Quality, Project Management) in order to secure any recourse claims and to take further measures.
§ Collaborates with partners in order to distribute all relevant information and to stay informed and keep others informed to ensure optimized supply.
§ Supports any return of materials in excess to relevant suppliers in order to recoup money on projects (reduce slip and increase profit).
§ May handle Support of Tender Preparation as well as Supplier evaluation together with Sales, Project Management, Procurement and others within Supply Chain Logistics.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however, candidates with a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency (state recognized) along with directly related experience, will also be considered
· Experience in ordering material from a BOM required, although we strongly prefer 2+ years of experience
· SAP experience required – other SCM related modules (Sales & Distribution, Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.) preferred, however, candidate with other large business enterprise software experience in a directly related position will also be considered.
· Must be willing and available to travel 10%
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Experience with coordinating activities with third party service providers, including the definition of services level and tracking performance/compliance preferred
· Experience working with transportation companies strongly desired
· Professional Logistics Certification (e.g. CSCP, CLTD, CITLP) preferred
· Project management experience preferred
· Demonstrated success and depth of experience with requirements regarding all modes of transportation and distribution models preferred
· Experience in other related functions such as Operations, Finance, Purchasing, Sales, etc. desired
· Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments strongly desired
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing across a complex network of multiple levels of leadership, corporate teams, project management, engineering, sales, procurement, and supply chain logistics is strongly desired
· Self-driven, attention to detail and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as working well in groups are strongly desired
Job ID: 184905
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.