Siemens Building Technologies is seeking a Project Manager to support our Building Automation Solutions Group in Eugene, OR. This position is responsible for managing multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. This includes the supervision, direction, and motivation of the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty phases.
- Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives
- Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
- Drive customer satisfaction
- Reports to Eugene Operations Manager
- Work with external parties and customers’ Superintendents, Foremen, and Journeymen to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering and technicians supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope-and-scheduling and work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site personnel to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with customers/contractors during the project.
- Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure products are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Develop project schedules in compliance with customer requirements, deadlines, and/or milestones; develop mechanisms to track schedule progress in the field; and update the schedule regularly.
- Collaborate with our sales team and the customer to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
- Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customer and gain approval including any compensation component.
- Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
- Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
- Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units and develop cost codes for tasks/units.
- Collaborate with our Project Procurement Team to manage RFPs for subcontractors, review subcontractor proposals for completeness and scope coverage, furnish information to complete subcontract agreements including scope of work, pricing, and customer-specific requirements.
- Negotiate and approve subcontract scope changes in accordance with all customer contract requirements (i.e. the prime contract conditions which flow though the subcontract).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 10%-15% Travel
- 3+ years Project Management experience either as a primary role or imbedded activities in a relatable role (ie project engineer, project coordinator, operations management) in the construction or mechanical industry.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor's Degree with PMP Certification
- Preferred experience: Experience supervising, directing, and motivating professional teams (this will be crucial to managing the project with field labor, subcontractors, and vendors during project delivery phase including installation, start-up, commissioning, and turnover).
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 184906
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.