Supports projects with logistics activities aimed at increasing customer satisfaction and ensuring the success of the project through accurate and on-schedule material supply.
- Performs logistics activities in projects in order to guarantee an economical and on-schedule delivery of materials as defined by the Project Manager in the installation schedule.
- Owns the process of material requisitioning in projects assigned, utilizing all relevant logistics data and options in order to minimize transport and handling costs in balance with optimal installation efforts as defined by Engineering and Project Management.
- Coordinates, communicates and maintains all dates and information from internal and external suppliers, project procurement, transport providers, and service providers for the entire supply chain process in order to ensure an accurate, on schedule and economical process.
- Ensures availability of information to the project team regarding disposition of materials during transport.
- Creates and coordinates corrective actions needed to ensure materials arrive on site in line with installation schedule.
- Creates efficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability based on the needs of the project supply concept in order to provide an assured data and information base for project planning.
- Documents and processes complaints or transport damages with responsible partners (Warehouse Team, Procurement, Insurance, Project Controlling, Quality, Project Management) in order to secure any recourse claims and to take further measures.
- Collaborates with partners in order to distribute all relevant information and to stay informed and keep others informed to ensure optimized supply.
- Supports any return of materials in excess to relevant suppliers in order to recoup money on projects (reduce slip and increase profit).
- May handle Support of Tender Preparation as well as Supplier evaluation together with Sales, Project Management, Procurement and others within Supply Chain Logistics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2+ years of progressive logistic / materials management / transportation experience within the project environment (e.g. construction, EPC, etc).
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Experience with coordinating activities with third party service providers, including the definition of services level and tracking performance / compliance.
- Strong attention to details with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing across a complex network of multiple levels of leadership, corporate teams, project management, engineering, sales, procurement, and supply chain logistics is required.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as working well in groups.
- Demonstrated success and depth of experience with requirements regarding all modes of transportation and distribution models.
- SAP experience
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred.
- SCM related modules (Sales & Distribution, Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.).
- Professional Logistics Certification (e.g. CSCP, CLTD, CITLP).
- Experience in other related functions such as Operations, Finance, Purchasing, Sales, etc.
- Other Professional Certifications: PMP, CPSM
Job ID: 184923
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.