As a Repair Service Engineer, you will provide expertise and support the service centers. You will also be responsible for providing technical support to the department, mentoring project engineers, providing technical support to customers and others throughout the services organization.
Locations: Geismar, LA and Houston, TX
- Supply Engineering support to help resolve repair issues in the Service centers and at customer site.
- Prepare repair shop instructions.
- Review inspection findings and prepare recommendations.
- Prepare and review final repair reports.
- Review repair opportunities and identify possible Risks.
- Make decisions on acceptability of components that do not meet new equipment drawing tolerances/requirements or current repair standards.
- Review and evaluate customer repair scopes to determine feasibility of repairs
- Handle customer complaints and develop corrective actions for any repair non-conformances
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field
- 8 years professional experience related to the repair service of turbomachinery
- Ability to collaborate with other functions within all depts.
- Strong communications within all levels
- Experience with customer interfacing
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one of the following; centrifugal compressors, steam turbines, reciprocating compressors
- Travel up to 10% domestic/international
- Hands on experience within Repair Shop utilizing problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Siemens and Dresser-Rand equipment
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 185094
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.