Energy Learning Services – Technical Trainer
This position will be responsible to the Energy Learning Services Instructional Design and Delivery Management for the delivery, maintenance and development of customer-focused learning content, tools, and concepts within the assigned portfolio elements. The Technical Trainer assists course developers in the creation of design documents and helps to set delivery milestones. The Technical Trainer assists the management team with quality assurance and serves as a mentor in the internal Train-the-Trainer program within the assigned portfolio elements. The Technical Trainer will deliver courseware via face-to-face.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A Technical Trainer is principally charged with presenting prepared materials, supervising organized laboratory activities, displaying classroom leadership, recording student progress, and assuring the presence of appropriate equipment and materials to conduct the laboratory and classroom activities in a safe and effective manner.
Such typical duties and responsibilities that the Trainer is charged with, but not limited to are as follows:
- Conducts individual and group technical training courses and activities for employees and customers utilizing Siemens Energy T3000 DCS Engineering software & E3000 Excitation Equipment
- Identifies customers’ training needs to support the completion of Learning Needs Analyses.
- Supports sales functions of Portfolio Consultants.
- Completes appropriate revisions of existing course materials.
- Assists in the development of new course materials.
- Participate in departmental meetings and team activities
- Up to 30% Travel
Required Education and Experience:
- AS/BS in appropriate engineering/engineering technology area or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience programming, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial automation systems
- A minimum of five years of experience operating and maintaining industrial processes using standard distributed control systems, to include experience with PLC and DCS equipment, and associated electronic automation equipment and associated software packages.
- Experience documenting operational, safety, and environmental procedures in an industrial setting
- • Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
- Background/experience in the Power Plant sector.
- Significant recent experience working successfully in a field related to the Power Plant sector, or in an area directly related to industrial instrumentation and/or process control operations.
- Experience in technical teaching or mentoring students in a culturally diverse technical environment
- Experience in Siemens Drive products (Simoreg 6RA70, Sinamics G120, S120, GL150) a plus.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 185122
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.