The Product Design Engineer you will perform design functions on products and components and assure that they are effective and cost efficient and will meet contractual and industry requirements.
- Recommend product design requirements in accordance with contract requirements, including computation of performance
- Design components consistent with contractual requirements that are efficient and cost effective
- Analyze test results to evaluate and determine performance, design qualities, and operating deficiencies for components or products
- Develop standard performance curves and calculation procedures
- Coordinate with Core Engineering to assure component requirements are met
- Investigate manufacturing deviations and recommend corrective action
- Review requests for parts orders and determine update requirements for current design and manufacture
- Answer external client questions related to centrifugal compressors, their internal parts and their related support systems
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSME in Mechanical or Aero Engineering Discipline
- 2 years of Engineering Experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Proven communication skills; both written and verbal with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3 years relevant experience evaluate and determine performance, design qualities, and operating deficiencies for components or products
- Knowledge of Design software systems.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the tran
Job ID: 185123
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.