We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
- The duties include accounting and controlling activities, commercial execution of onshore piece of local projects
- This includes accurate forecasting, variance explanations and communications with all global Business Unit's counterparts, and all reporting requirements
- Monitors, maintains and reviews financial records
- Completes the financial analysis and research of complex business issues in order to provide management with financial data and business advice
- Commercial Project Manager duties for various projects.
- Performs expense reconciliation against budget
- May assist with analysis or review of potential or pending contracts
- Designs development of project / program plan
- Develops delivery of semi-complex project or program
- Participates in project management activities definition of schedule, budget, risk change opportunity and resource allocation management for semi-complex projects
- Acts as functional or business practice support resource on project or program
- Participates in continuous improvement activities
- Collaborate in a cross-functional growing team in Canada and with colleagues in the USA and Germany
- May participate in client relationship
- University degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Professional designation (CPA) and CPM designations are advantageous
- Minimum 5 years working experience in either Accounting, Controlling and Commercial Project Execution
- Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures for accounting, controlling and commercial project execution
- Experience is desired across other functional business areas including Financial Analysis, Commercial Project Management along with displaying customer management skills
- Demonstrates understanding and application of contract analysis, sales and marketing
- Experience working in the Gas & Power industry would be a strong advantage.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
- Proficient in SAP and MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal with ability to collaborate effectively with different stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a proactive and time sensitive manner.
- Recognized for your critical thinking with an ability to craft a business solution and execute a plan to increase organizational performance.
- You are driven and solution oriented, striving to make a difference in the business and create a better customer experience for our people.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 185132
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.