Systems Specialist Job Description
This position is for an installation systems specialist, who works with our local Siemens team to sell, design, install, and service building automation systems. Building automation system consists of electronic digitally communicating Direct Digital Controls for HVAC applications in commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings. The systems are comprised of servers, computers, digital programmable controllers, sensors, and actuators to operate HVAC systems and monitor them. The specialist reports to a specialist supervisor and works under direction of a project manager on construction projects. Projects are sold by our sales team, designed by our engineering team, then installed by our field team consisting of project managers, field electricians and specialists, then turned over to our service team for ongoing support.
· Programs, starts up, checks out and commissions new building automation system, DDC, HVAC control systems
· Performs integration between Siemens controls and 3rd party control systems
· Develops graphical user interfaces for system interface
· Programs system alarms, data trend collection and system configuration.
· Tracks project changes with installation team and updates redline documents to engineering for as-built generation
· Responsible for identifying and resolving constructability and project scope issues.
· Develops system database including programming for systems being controlled (HVAC predominantly)
· Supports project management functions with phone support, on-site support, construction meetings, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· In depth expertise with HVAC, electrical systems, and construction site environment
· Strong knowledge of network types and protocols
· Proficiency of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
· Proficiency with some form of HVAC programming, Siemens Apogee PPCL is preferred
· High school diploma is required, higher level education such as technical degree or BA/BS is preferred
· Demonstrates professional principles and skills.
· Typically up to 4 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
· Strong communication skills
· Strong self-motivator
Job ID: 185133
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.