Siemens Rail Automation
supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey
installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead project teams that design and maintain real-time embedded software applications for safety-critical vehicle-based control systems and components. You will be responsible for collaborating with other engineering departments and overseeing the development, documentation, verification, and support of safety-critical real-time microprocessor-based systems and products applied in the railroad signal industry. In this position, you will report to the Software Engineering Manager in the Rail Automation Carborne Systems business unit.
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, specification, validation, and verification.
- Develop, maintain, document, test, and verify real-time microprocessor-based software applications.
- Conduct feasibility, proof of concept, and prototyping activities.
- Adhere to established guidelines and processes to meet technical standards and ensure maintainability.
- Demonstrate both written and verbal communications skills to develop plans, specifications, reports, etc. Effectively communicate complex and technical concepts to ensure that they are well understood.
- Demonstrate ability to debug, troubleshoot, and isolate hardware and software issues.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to manage software development and support throughout the complete product development life cycle.
- Identify work scope, estimate work efforts, develop and maintain schedules.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team; support team decisions to promote consistency.
- Lead team members; act as a role model and advisor to junior engineers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer, or software engineering, or related degree.
· 8-10 years' experience in embedded systems/software development and testing.
· Proficiency with C programming language and in-circuit development / debugging tools
· Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting skills.
· Proficiency in verbal communications, presentation, and technical writing skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
· Periodic travel up to 25%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in team and project leadership.
· Working knowledge of MISRA and IEEE standards pertaining railroad vehicle systems / software.
· Experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, digital data recorders, and multi-meters.
· Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS.
must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified
Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the
future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 185135
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.