The Customer Account Representative will be supporting Small Gas Turbines global operations base with gas turbine products on six continents. The role will work with global partners and end users in the industrial gas turbine field to deliver market leading parts and solutions. The position will support a network of service partners including overhaul shops, packagers and parts distributors. It will focus on quote requests to delivery solutions. The Customer Account Representative will build relationships and deliver the necessary service required to support continued and successful operation. The organization has sold more than 1600 aero derivative gas turbines. The role will report to the Aftermarket Services Manager within the Small Engine Business team for Siemens' Aero-derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) Business Unit. The position will be based out of our Indianapolis location.
- Provide quotes, accept orders and follow material/solution delivery from request to delivery for network partners and end users. Identify parts requirements as applicable
- Manage sales campaigns, network partner orders, warranty claims, part/engine movements through a Graphic User Interface (GUI) based system (SAP/Atlas experience is preferred).
- Identify opportunities to increase sales revenue and improve profit through general trend analysis.
- Mitigate part/solution delivery risk to fiscal year financial results.
- Work with customers/network and provide business unit with market feed back associated with changes in operating profiles, regulatory shifts (for global operating base), reliability/availability requirements, etc. Manage customer expectations as required.
- Work with Export Team to ensure compliance to regulations and mitigate potential delays for delivery.
- Use communication skills to identify opportunities and deliver solutions for customers. Where possible apply business acumen to identify potential for Siemens added value solutions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related field and/or equivalate work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3- 5 years related experience. Ideal candidates will have some experience within the Energy industry working with both Industrial and Oil & Gas customers.
- Experienced with GUI based ERP systems (SAP is preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ideal candidates will be comfortable in business settings and negotiations with various levels ranging from technicians/mechanics to executives.
- Interest and ability to learn about complex technical systems
- 5% travel - This may include 1 or 2 trips a year to customers in Europe, Asia, or Latin America.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 185146
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.