The newly created position of Area Vice President, Lab Diagnostics Key Accounts (1) East and (1) West will lead a team of approximately 7 Key Account Executives.
The key responsibility is to grow revenue for Siemens Healthineers’ US Lab Diagnostics Division in national healthcare systems, large regional healthcare systems, academic medical centers, and national reference labs. Focus will be on overall revenue growth for Siemens central lab product lines inclusive of chemistry, immunoassay, hematology, and urinalysis. The LD Key Account team advances this goal through end-to-end management of large deals, including development of successful deal strategies through advanced knowledge of customer needs, day-to-day management of the deal strategy execution plan, and coordination of the broader Healthineers deal team.
This individual is responsible for enabling the accomplishment of the business goals of the KAEs reporting to them. They will coach employees to drive profitable growth and market share across the US, allocate them to the highest priority lab diagnostic opportunities, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Drive sales growth within assigned accounts and ensure sales targets are being met
- Engage with customers to support team in closing deals, providing senior SHS LD leadership presence
- Coach team in creating high quality strategic plans to effectively capture opportunities and executing strategies through tactical action planning
- Ensure consistency and quality excellence across development of deal strategies and action plans; promote execution of the right strategies in the appropriate manner to win opportunities
- Work to deploy KAEs against highest priority opportunities in conjunction with the Head of US Sales; ensure KAEs closely engage with field teams and field leadership to effectively manage teams and execute against opportunities
- Ensure consistent KAE roles & responsibilities across all areas and deal teams
- Continuously coach KAEs in executive relationship management and strategic thinking to be able to effectively own end-to-end deal processes and develop practical deal strategies
- Develop KAE sales effectiveness and lab diagnostic expertise through KAE training and professional development
- Drive accountability across KAE force through rigorous and consistent performance measurement, regular cadence of check-ins, and individual progress tracking
- Ensure KAEs are maintaining high quality CRM win/loss data
- Promote development of high-performing intrinsically motivated KAE team with supportive culture and frequent sharing of best practices
- Provide regular updates on progress to top level management and proactively flag instances in which higher level management is required to support deal process
- Serve as a liaison between Lab Diagnostics and the Siemens Healthineers Strategic Corporate Accounts (SCA) organization
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Experience:
- 8-10 years of commercial experience in lab diagnostic sales, including managing sales executives and leadership experience
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred
- Strong understanding of laboratory diagnostic market dynamics, sales process, opportunities, and risks
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, tactical execution, and relationship management; strong history of driving commercial success
- Outstanding coaching and people management skills, enabling strong performance of KAE team
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills; capability to build strong relationships and collaboratively work with peers, subordinates, and management
- Ability to build strong teams, strategically deploy resources, and enable positive team culture
- Strong results orientation and focus on driving accountability
- Superb process orientation and track record of rigorous process implementation and management
- High potential performer with proven success in previous roles
- Ability to travel minimum 60%.
Job ID: 185152
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.