The Regional Tooling Center (RTC), Abu Dhabi is a part of the Gas & Power Services Global Repair Network within the Siemens Middle East.
Its core responsibilities are to meet the Large Gas Turbine Power Station on-site outage demands for tooling/on-site machining equipment across the Siemens portfolio of products. This includes but not exclusive to Gas Turbines, Generators, Steam & Compressor equipment.
In conjunction, the Regional Tool Centre (RTC) offers additional customized tooling solutions and other bespoke services to meet the requirements both from our internal partners and Middle Eastern customers.
The RTC business is a very dynamic and customer responsive business arena with a strong focus on EHS, Quality and Environmental aspects.
The EHS/Quality Manager is an integral part of Tooling Center Operations who will be driving safety and human performance for the team in the tooling center and supporting in the implementation of applicable EHS internal/external rules and regulations to prevent EHS related hazard and risk. Also, liaise with Technical, Order Management & Commercial teams to ensure that the quality system is functioning correctly.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong background in Safety and Quality Management.
- A mature professional with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience or a proven time serviced track record with the necessary transferable key business competencies.
- Preferably offer practical based experience within the Oil & Gas and Power Generation Industry.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.
- Willing to embrace change and drive change in the digital age.
Knowledge & Experience
- Has sound and comprehensive knowledge of Quality and Safety procedures.
- Demonstrate a competent & proven background in Safety and Quality Management.
- Unbiased, independent individual with strong decision-making skills in addition to excellent interpersonal and written skills.
- Has keen sense of intercultural communication requirements.
- Cope with resistance and stress and able to keep parties focused and motivated.
- Enjoy teaching people regarding safety and quality topics to help bring up their skill level.
- A working understanding across the Gas Turbine Power Generation & Oil & Gas Sectors.
- Has initiative and drive.
- Is a team player of the highest calibre who is driven by deadline/target.
- Co-Working and Problem-solving Skills; lean & agile methods and proven tools
Skills & Responsibilities
- Develop and establish a departmental quality procedures, standards and specifications in line with company guidelines.
- Employ a variety of measures and management systems, including the ISO 9000, total quality management (TQM).
- Support procurement to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Make sure that service & maintenance processes meet international and national standards.
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with technical & operating team.
- Ensure the quality of data on Inventory management system is without discrepancies and up to the standards.
- Select accredited calibration laboratories in accordance with international standards as third-party certification labs.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes within the tooling center to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Investigate accidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Adapt procedure to support waste management system within the organization.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facility to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to organizational policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions and recommend solutions & improvement opportunities.
- Support on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Continuous improvement in ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Addressing internal/external client needs & maintaining good client relationships at all times.
- Demonstrating team working and team leadership with passion.
- Eagerness to apply extra effort as required in support of the project.
- A mature interest in career progression.
- Act always with professionalism.
- Have a natural passion for the job.
- Act in a compliant manner.
Job ID: 185179
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time