Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Trainee Control Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your role will be to provide innovative solutions for SCADA, Control and Automation Systems applied on the UK transmission and distribution network. You will assist in the design, configuration and testing of our Systems to ensure we can successfully maintain the project delivery process.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. You will be joining a team of 12 Control Engineers and report to the Team Lead. There are plenty of opportunities for progression and both on the job training and formal training courses which can help you to move up in seniority in quick succession.
Wondered what it’s like to work here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Provide technical support on projects and understand customer technical specifications
- Assist with the Production/Checking of functional design specification and design intent documents as well as test documentation
- Support with the development and configuration of engineering control solutions
- Assist with preFAT and FAT activities
- Provide SAT support when required
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND/ Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Good standard of IT literacy – especially Word, Visio and Excel
- You will be confident in speaking to customers at all levels of seniority
- Experience in the configuration and testing of SCADA, Control or automation systems and communication infrastructure is not essential but would be advantageous
- If you have experience in configuration and testing of networks, this would be a plus but is not a necessity
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits such as an annual bonus and eligibility for overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 185249
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time