We are searching for an IT Software License Service Owner to join our global cooperating team “SAM@Siemens” that manages Software for all Siemens businesses worldwide based at our offices in Poole.
Your mission as the IT Software License Service Owner will be to manage Software Licenses and Software Services (SaaS) of selected key software suppliers and provide them as an IT Service to Siemens globally. Starting with clarification of the software demand through to ensuring user satisfaction.
This end-to-end responsibility for Software fosters a proactive environment that promotes multi-functional support to drive license compliance, productivity, cost efficiency and innovation.
Change the future with us.
- Plan and clarify Software demand with Siemens internal customers for licenses and SaaS
- Provide centrally managed Software as an IT Service to Siemens Business Units worldwide
- Drive the License Service including design, planning and budgeting, in alignment with overarching service management processes and IT solutions landscapes
- Ensure license compliance and usage-based charging of the respective software, thus ensure commercial success and sustainability of the service
- Optimise license usage based on analysis of software utilisation, e.g. via license pooling or new license models
- Look after marketing and promotion of License services (marketing material, publications, roadshows, intranet presence)
- Manage global software agreements, including timely renewal and required contract changes
- Early and continuous involvement of Procurement, e.g. for new contracts and meaningful changes
- Support M&A (integration and carve-out) activities for Software
What you need to make real what matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business informatics, Computer Science or other related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in an IT Service Management, License Management, Software Asset Management or similar IT function
- Deep understanding of IT software, cloud environments and SAM or other relevant IT commodities
- Proven knowledge in IT Service Provisioning, Software Licensing, Strategic Sourcing and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Proven high level customer service orientation, teamwork, quality, change management
What else do I need to know?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 185351
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time