Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Mechatronics & Structural Dynamics Intern.
This position joins a Mechanical R&D team which promotes an open and collaborative team culture responsible for the development of innovative virtual integration method. The team develops and deploys cutting edge development tools, Simcenter 3D structural FEA simulators, Mechatronics modeling and testing capabilities to enable Design Engineers exploit Virtual Design and Integration attributes. This position reports directly to Manager of Mechatronics & Structures Simulation team.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Mechatronics & Structural Dynamics Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Develop test-based/simulation-based Transfer path analysis (TPA) procedure by using SCADAS and Simcenter Test Lab to trace the flow of vibro-acoustic energy from a source, through a set of known structure- and air-borne transfer pathways, to a given receiver location.
- Provide Structural Dynamics characterization of structure components by using Simcenter 3D FEA tools.
- Provide model reduction of structural dynamics to provide a more complete plant representation in the Mechatronics system models.
- Develop parameter estimation methods for inferring belt-drive parameters through testing.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Currently pursing MSME or MSEE / higher degree
- Basic understanding of structural dynamics, and mechatronics.
- Proficiency with Matlab / Simlink
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Master's degree or equivalent experience required in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace, Biomedical Engineering.
Preferred knowledge/skills, education, and experience
- Strong background in dynamics, systems modeling
- 3D CAD modeling experience preferred (NX preferred)
- Finite element analysis experience preferred
Start Date: May 2020
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 185359
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.