Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join Gas & Power division Division as a Site Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
The Site Manager represents the Project Manager on site and therefore has full responsibility for day-to-day site activities including:
· Act as PC Rep where applicable
· Implementation of site management policy
· Control of access, induction and authorisations for all persons working on the site
· Review and acceptance of Health and Safety & Quality Plans.
· Produce and update method statements and risk assessments
· Review and Accept Subcontractor RAMS
· Chair Siemens weekly safety co-ordination meetings
· Co-ordinate with Client site representatives
· Co-ordination with office-based project team(s)
· Co-ordination with local organisations and third parties affected by the works
· Site document control and reporting
· Site walks and general site observation
· Works to a comprehensive set of procedures laid down in the Siemens Site Management Manual
· To be responsible for and ensure compliance with Site Manager’s responsibility and duties as detailed in the Site Management Manual (document code PS1).
· To be responsible for and to continually review all site based documentation, ensuring compliance with the Site Management Manual, including the on-site filing system for documentation and drawings.
· Ensures that a safe working environment is provided at all times and obtains any necessary documentation such as, Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RA/MS) COSHH assessments including the production of RA/MS within competence.
· Ensure that all site personnel comply with all STDL procedures and Service Processes liaising with the QHSE Adviser on non-conformance and accident / incident reporting.
· To carry out and participate fully in site audits and inspections.
· Principal contractor responsibility: To act as and perform the role of the Principal Contractor's site representative as per the Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM).
· Ensure that the control of site safety and good environmental practice is in accordance within the Siemens QHSE Management System and any customer requirements including waste control procedures.
· To instigate, hold and develop on site tool box talks according to site / contract requirements.
· To be responsible for actively managing, monitoring and reporting on all site based budgetary issues, including authorisation of Staff and Contractor timesheets.
· Complete weekly Site Managers Report for monitoring progress & cost reporting.
· The procurement of goods and services as detailed in the project specification in line with STDL procurement guidelines in agreement with the Project Manager including receipt and storage of goods.
· To have line management responsibility for Siemens and / or third party contract staff working on the project site on a day to day basis, including setting people to work with all relevant information.
· Responsible for the set up and maintenance of the site infrastructure including temporary accommodation, services and emergency plans.
· To act as the primary on site point of contact with clients.
· To liaise with the Project Manager/ Engineer of the appropriate project team, providing project information, feedback and reports as required.
· To assist the Resource Team in vetting and approval of third party contract workers.
· To monitor and report progress against the project programme for site related activities.
· To chair / attend project and site meetings as directed by the Site Management manual
· To ensure team members within the group are provided with the necessary technical support and information to enable them to develop their skills and knowledge to meet business needs and personal development
· Provide technical support and direction within their competence to other team members, including the application of technical standards
· To carry out any other activities which the Company may reasonably require to be undertaken on a temporary basis which are within an individual’s area of competence.
· Carries out any other duties within his competence as directed by the Site Services Manager
· Commitment to Siemens Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills
What you need to make real what matters.
· Must have a minimum 2 years’ experience as a Site Manager on an Electricity Supply Industry construction site
· Experienced in all substation site activities including plant, civil, commissioning and health, safety and environmental legislation and practice, including NG standards, TP137 etc.
· Requires the presence and personal qualities necessary to effectively monitor and control the site – such as people management skills, verbal and written.
· Construction Design Management (CDM) Regs 2015 or SMSTS
· CCNSG Safety Passport
· Environment and Waste Management Awareness Training
· First Aid at Work (3 days)
· Impressed Voltage
· IOSH Managing Safely
· SMTDS or SMSTS (5 day course)
· TP137, NG Competent Person NSI8 Full & BESC (For National Grid Sites or equivalent DNO authorisation)
· CCNSG Safety Passport Supervisor
· Temporary Works Supervisor
· Fire Warden
· IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities
· Appointed Person Cranes
· IT literacy, MS Word, Excel and Project
· Time served apprenticeship in a relevant subject
· Suitable Electrical / Mechanical qualification
· Harness & Lanyard
· MEWP for Managers
· Confined Spaces
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary plus annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 185370
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Transmission & Distribution Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time