• Interact with Product Engineering and Product Marketing to clarify functional requirements and priorities.
• Work with R&D colleagues to evolve the architecture of QPS subsystems.
• Develop and debug a high-quality implementation of the architecture.
• Work with QA Engineers, providing archetypal tests and written feedback on their test plans.
• Interact with Documentation Writers, providing initial usage information and written feedback on their drafts.
• Debug problems reported by users and implement improvements to prevent similar issues from arising.
• Design and conduct performance experiments, analyze performance data and design/implement optimizations as appropriate.
• A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline is preferred, but strong candidates with other academic preparation will be considered.
• At least five years of software engineering experience is required.
• A strong background in algorithms and data structures is required.
• Facility with combinatorial mathematics and algorithms is required.
• C++ development skills are required.
• Knowledge of a Hardware Design Language (an HDL, such as SystemVerilog) is a plus.
• Experience developing tests for hardware design verification (especially with UVM) is a plus.
• Experience developing embedded software tests for SoC verification is a plus.
• Experience using EDA software (especially HDL simulators) is a plus.
• Experience using emulators or FPGA prototyping systems is a plus.
• Experience developing embedded software is a plus.
• Experience developing large, high-performance, multi-threaded and distributed software is a plus.
• Experience using software development tools including debuggers (e.g. gdb), source control (e.g. git), quality enhancement (e.g. valgrind), and build/test automation (e.g. make) is a plus.
• Must be a quick learner with strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Must facilitate teamwork by working together daily with colleagues in the office.
• Seeking a goal-oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
Job ID: 185397
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.