Can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Vertical Turret Lathe Operator to help us provide quality products that make a difference. In this role you will be setting up and operating lathe machines or similar machines to perform various milling, drilling, tapping, boring, facing, turning, etc., operations on component parts for compressors and turbines. You will be working on 2nd shift at our Olean, New York facility.
- Setup and operate a manual or CNC lathe, mill, jig bore, etc. to do a variety of close tolerance machining.
- Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches or drawings and check work, using standard and/or special gauging devices. All work must conform to highest quality standards.
- Install and adjusting tools, set feeds and speeds, install fixtures, blocks, shims, and clamping devices.
- Load and unload parts with jib hoist, following established company procedures for loading and unloading parts and materials.
- Oil and grease machine as required. Clean machine at regular intervals. Use coolant when machining.
- Conform to all safety procedures and policies
- Adhere to all company policies set forth in terms of smoking, harassment, mutual respect, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop
- Experience in the setup and operation of manual and/or CNC milling or turning machines, horizontal boring mills for heavy metal removal on medium to large parts and to produce component parts and assemblies.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 185423
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.