Manufacturing Engineering Placement – Siemens Magnet Technology, Oxfordshire
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? We have a fantastic opportunity for four 12-month placement students to join our innovative engineering team from June-July 2020 at Siemens Magnet Technology (SMT), near Oxford.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. SMT are the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart.
As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
- You will be supporting the manufacturing engineering team deliver high quality and innovative solutions to magnet production challenges.
- The challenges and opportunities are varied in nature and may include New Product Development / Introduction, Facility development, New test processes, Quality improvements, Waste reductions, Tooling / Plant development and general process improvements.
- You will be expected to technically understand complex manufacturing issues, develop innovative engineering or process solutions and then deploy them, under supervision, to improve the performance of the product or manufacturing facility.
- You will experience first-hand the challenges faced by today’s design and manufacturing sector and gain an in-depth insight into manufacturing operations at a modern high-tech facility.
- You will be studying towards a degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronics/Electrical, Materials), Manufacturing or Physics and working towards achieving a 2:1 or above and looking to complete a summer placement as part of your degree.
- Good analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Be a good team player whilst also being able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills
- Capable of learning and retaining new skills
SMT has been welcoming students for many years and they are genuinely valued across the business. Doing your internship with us involves a mixture of different work from being at a desk in the office to experimenting in the factories. We have a real sense of pride in all we do, and we want you to share this pride.
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
What else do I need to know?
- The internship will take place over 12 months starting in June-July 2020.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please apply early to avoid disappointment
- We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, 26 days holiday, private healthcare options and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
- Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Job ID: 185461
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time