- The MES & DCS Solutions Director for the Process Automation Business Unit within Siemens Digital Industries will be responsible for leading the project organization. The project organization executes MES & DCS solutions based on Siemens leading Digital portfolio including SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo, SIMATIC IT eBR and other Manufacturing Operations Management applications primarily used in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, and Food & Beverage Industries.
- The successful candidate will be able to translate market trends, customer requirements, and sales strategies into cost effective engineered solutions following the Siemens based project management practices.
- The MES & DCS Solutions Director will coordinate with global engineering centers, promote and utilize new engineering efficiency tools, leverage the Siemens portfolio (e.g. PLCs, Instruments, Motors, and Drives) and develop the team’s skills sets resulting in a world class execution organization.
- The MES & DCS Solutions Director will be measured on solutions bookings, revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- The MES & DCS Solutions Director reports to the General Manager for Process Automation & Engineering
· In line with Siemens Project Management Practices (PM@Siemens), plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's project execution and performance.
- Supports new business capture efforts, including the Limits of Authority process, to ensure that proposals and bids submitted are executable and profitable as bid
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of program and project execution
- Develops/Leads staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility.
- Develops/Leads driving accountability across the project execution teams to ensure that needs and risks have been assessed and understood for each project to include but not limited to: staffing projections, planning, project budgets, project bidding processes, project scheduling, logistics planning and subcontractor evaluation/procurement.
- Develops/Leads efforts within the project teams to evaluate project costs to date and develop/maintain an accurate forecast of project costs and profitability.
- Develops reviews and procedures to regularly evaluate the project schedule and implement adjustments necessary to maintain or recover the required goals/milestones as well as to maintain P&L responsibility for all projects assigned.
- Develop and manage annual cost center budget(s).
- Develops/Leads overall accountability team for processes and procedures to ensure company standards are being met with regard to quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Collaborates with leadership and others as assigned, to regularly evaluate the processes by which projects are executed.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be a trusted, effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops department personnel including employee assessment, learning and development plans, resource management and employee recruitment.
- Interfaces with global project organizations for best practice sharing, resource sharing and cross-border project implementations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS /BA or advanced degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10 plus years of strong working proficiency with MES & DCS Solutions
- Successful experience leading large, complex organizations
- Successful experience executing large, complex project solutions
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Good customer interfacing skills and negotiation skills are a critical part of this job.
- Thorough understanding of the process automation market including market drivers, trends, customer needs, project collaboration models and sales processes
- Experience working with/for end users, system integrators and engineering firms (EPCs)
- Project Management practices such as GAMP/V-Model, PMI
- Demonstrated technical understanding of manufacturing execution systems and distributed control systems.
- This position requires up to 30% domestic travel with occasional international travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Project implementation in pharmaceutical applications with knowledge of validation and documentation requirements
- Project implementation in chemical applications with knowledge of batch and safety applications
- Experience implementing SIMATIC PCS 7 or equivalent Distributed Control Systems
- Experience implementing Batch Application and understanding of ISA-S88 standards
- Experience implementing Manufacturing Execution Systems and an understanding of ISA-S95 Standards
- Certified Project Management Certificate – PMI and PM@Siemens a plus
- Agile Project Management Implementation Experiences
- Software Integration experiences with SAP, OSI-PI, Aspen Tech
- Experience implementing various PLC systems and SCADA applications
- A Process Engineering Background including experience using Simulation Systems
Job ID: 185559
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.