TP Parts Engineer
Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
Are you ready to work for a global powerhouse? The Siemens Power Transmission team is looking for a dynamic Parts Engineer professional located at the Richland, MS plant location.
- Assist with proposal activities for Siemens STP parts with a focus on Transformer, Voltage Regulator, and HV Breakers.
- Coordinate activities during the preparation of quote documents describing the technical, financial and legal aspect of the parts quote.
- Work with different factories and manufactures to come up with solutions for unique problems.
- Reading, reviewing, modifying, and creating electrical schematics.
- Assist the purchasing group in identifying replacements for parts that are no longer available.
- Provide engineering support for Power Transformer, Voltage Regulator, and High Voltage Breaker opportunities.
- Answer vendor technical questions and approve vendor for approval drawings.
- Assist customs relations team with the classifications of parts.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Excellent communication skills needed to provide daily customer service involving but not limited to technical problems, troubleshooting the problem and identifying the appropriate parts needed for replacement.
- 1-2+ years of experience in a technical role: which may include but not limited to Substation Maintenance, commissioning, or installation of substation equipment is a plus but not a requirement.
- Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for transformer, voltage regulator, and HV Breakers.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP, Salesforce, spreadsheets, and AutoCAD is a plus.
- Ability to set and manage customer priorities in a timely manner
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task effectively across various functions and departments.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 185561
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.