At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Laboratory Technician 3.
This position primarily manufactures internal testing materials (Anchor Pools, Master Pools, Standards and Controls) used in the release testing of reagents and calibrators on Atellica, Dimension, Vista, ADVIA and Stratus.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 3, you will be responsible for:
- Planning & scheduling the manufacturing of Anchor Pools, Master Pools, Standards and Controls in collaboration with the Biochemist
- Performing first line troubleshooting of Anchor Pools, Master Pools, Standards and Controls and providing technical justifications
- Supporting the element team for new anchor and master pool transfers
- Supporting the new projects and perform validation activities
- Providing assistance to the Biochemist in performing studies and design protocols to resolve internal issues and close-out customer related complaints
- Revising work instructions and SOPs for manufacturing
- Knowledge of SAP for root cause investigations, lot tracing and inventory level for raw materials
- Obtaining, correlating, analyzing technical information and present data during Technical meetings
- Providing assistance in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques used in a chemistry lab (pH, pipetting, handling of chemicals)
- Working independently; have able to multi-task and prioritize
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent
- Minimum of 2years’ experience in Medical Diagnostics Industry
- Basic knowledge of GMP regulations (GLP and GDP)
- Possess strong computer skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong player in a team setting
- Must be able to work independently, able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Understand and comply with the Quality System Regulation
- Knowledge of FDA, ISO, and IVDD
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Job ID: 185570
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.