Solution Architect - Applications Lifecycle Management (ALM) – Houston, TX (SISW)
The Solution Architect is responsible for the successful application of the Advantedge Siemens PLM implementation methodology to demonstrate technical leadership and deliver high quality PLM implementations. The Solution Architect will be expected to provide overall technical direction to the team, and guidance to the customer based on Siemens Advantedge best practices. Our Solution Architects are thought leaders in the Automotive, Transportation, Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery and Energy verticals and will be expected to provide guidance to the vertical on Industry Best Practices. The Solution Architect position will be reporting to the Automotive, Transportation, Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery and Energy Technical Leadership Director. Experience in the Energy industries, and knowledge of IT and business process in the oil and gas industry, or a background in Systems Engineering/Requirements Management tools and processes such as Polarion, Teamcenter Requirements, IBM DOORS and Rhapsody or No Magic Magic Draw and Cameo would be a plus for this position, but not required.
- Leadership of the project team and customer to deliver project goals
- Oversee all aspects of the technical project. Ensure that Advantedge best practices are followed and that the functional specification is implemented correctly
- Direct the offshore team to successfully implement documented functional specs
- Assist the Project Manager with estimates, detailed work breakdown structure, and enforcement of scope for the project.
- Become a trusted advisor to the customer to steer customer towards Siemens Best Practices.
- Authoring of functional specs to document all detailed implementation information for the project.
- Working with QA lead to execute our Quality Assurance process
- Run workshops to execute the Solution Definition portion of Advantedge.
- Effectively communicate design direction to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Support the Engagement Manager on preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications.
- Manage customer expectations across project cycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with software engineering background, Advanced Degree may be substituted for industry experience
- Multiple years designing Teamcenter solutions or similar PLM tools
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) knowledge
- Experience in the technical leadership of large software implementation projects
- Demonstrated experience using Advantedge methodology or best practices to help implement a large software implementation project.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers.
- Experience leading offshore team on implementation projects.
- A commitment to drive implementation success in a highly competitive market
- Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
- Travel 30%
- Location: Houston, TX
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PLM Experience
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- SAP or ERP experience
- Preferred experience with the architecting of solution in the PLM space
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering and Requirements Management process and tools
Job ID: 185573
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.