Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
As Business Developer, you will be responsible for supporting the sales organization of the Low Voltage Products Unit, in developing strategic and midterm business strategies, structures and processes, focusing options to exploit best market opportunities.
- Will work directly with Consulting Engineers, Contractors and End User as well as dealing with multiple factories for various Siemens products.
- Responsible for business development of the following products, but not limited to:
- Switchgear, Switchboards, Power panels, Breakers, Load centres, EV Chargers, Power Monitoring and Bus Ducts
- Develops strategic business plans to support market share objectives
- Drives business development with assigned key accounts markets
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing a successful resolution to high impact and complex problems
- Provides marketing advice to ensure overall market effectiveness.
- Provides advance and comprehensive technical application assistance in key sales situations
- Participates in and influences standards by participating in appropriate industry organizations Deliver the highest degree of customer satisfaction in alignment with our Siemens brand.
- Will perform on-site bid review meetings and travel to various sites when needed
- Territory : Province of Quebec and Ottawa region
What will you need to succeed?
- DEC in electrical engineering or related, bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is a strong asset
- Ideally 5 years of successful experience in the directly related field of electrical engineering sales, preferably with PEng in Ontario and Quebec.
- Must be proficient with requirements of CSA, CEC, Local Authority Jurisdiction and Quebec/Ottawa Hydro Utilities companies; 5 + years of related experience.
- Knowledge about medium voltage systems (MVS) is an asset.
- Must know how to read SLD and perform CDE's on specifications; 5 + years of related experience.
- 5 + years’ experience with custom switchboard and switchgear design.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts practices and procedures for description above including experience with SAP, IQS & other CRM and management information tools
- Very good knowledge of French and English, both written and spoken
- Asset: Member of OIQ and Provincial licensing in engineering in other provinces
- Highly motivating personable team player with a Can-Do attitude
- High standards of performance are expected to align with customer expectations matching our strong Siemens brand
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 185576
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.