We are looking for a recently qualified/part qualified Financial Accountant to join our Accounting and Controlling team in Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbine Services business based in Warwick. The team ensures that the financial reporting is compliant with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines and prepares regular financial reports to ensure management have sufficient transparency to support decision making.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What part will you play?
- Provide advice and guidance on accounting topics to our commercial finance team in order to ensure appropriate reporting
- Work to improve financial processes delivering improved reporting timescales and controls
- Liaise with stakeholders including Group Finance and shared service facilities to provide robust and timely reporting
- Preparation of reports and schedules to support corporate group and local statutory reporting requirements
- Support of SAP master data maintenance and other central finance related SAP topics
- Operation of financial controls to support Siemens control requirements, e.g. Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Support the management and delivery of the annual audit including preparation of information to respond to Auditor requests.
Use your skills to make real what matters:
- Good knowledge of reporting principles and processes and IFRS accounting standards
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage multiple deliverables
- Experience of working in SAP and Excel
- Able to present information in a clear manner to non-finance staff (verbal & written)
- Recently qualified or part qualified accountant preferably final stage (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Apply now and make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
Job ID: 185588
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time