Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Field based Commissioning Software Engineer for our MRX Technologies business in Derby. While this role is Derby based, there will be a significant amount of UK travel required to depots for commissioning activities.
The Field Commissioning Software Engineer will evaluate, improve and maintain software and hardware designs and procedures to ensure MRX products are implemented in a safe way and delivered to the required quality and in-service performance.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Ensure that test and commissioning activities are carried out in full compliance with the QMS and project/business budget and timescales.
- Test, implement and evaluate software and algorithms using sensor and image data acquisition
- Perform complex calibration and commissioning activities on site
- Fault find, debug and analyse issues on live systems both on site and in a remote support function
- Perform data analysis and develop analysis/test tools to support general activities
- Assist with the development and maintenance of software and hardware documentation
- Recommend modifications where required
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Performs the commissioning of components, systems and solutions on site.
- Plans the required activities.
- Prepares reports and documentation of the results.
- Analyses the system behavior and the interaction of single elements.
- Executes the hand-over to the customer personnel and their briefing.
- May make optimizations of disciplines (e.g. by settings).
- May contribute as test engineer to admittances, routine and type tests.
- May perform or support the determination or specification of the required test equipment.
- May lead the commissioning staff functionally.
- May control the mentioned tasks and /or provide supervisory guidance at site.
- Internal communications between the Engineering Design Team and the Site Team
- External communications are encouraged between Depot management personnel and Network Rail Safety representatives (COSS).
- Collaborating with MRX Australia and various Siemens Business Units
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a Software Engineering Discipline
- Experience with Software Development practices and problem solving both reactive and pro-actively
- Ability to read C++ or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills with partners at all levels
- Hardware fault-finding
- PTS AC/DCCR
- CITB CSCS Operator level
Training for business specific qualifications will be provided and a training programme for the specific sub-systems and tasks will be tailored to the successful candidate with periodic reviews for progress tracking
As a business unit we operate to Network Rail Standards or higher for each site that we work to and therefore Sentinel (PTS) accreditation will be essential. As an approved Network Rail operative, the successful candidate will be required to partake in periodic and random drug and alcohol testing.
MRX Technologies is an engineering organization primarily active in the railway sector. With our highly motivated team of over 200 engineers and expert specialists we have offered services for manufacturers and operators of rail systems since 1996. Our comprehensive portfolio includes measuring systems for digitalized condition monitoring of rolling stock and rail infrastructures, and inspection systems for rail networks. Drawing on years of expertise, we provide new sources of measurement data that can be evaluated to benefit rail operators – helping them optimize maintenance, increase availability and reduce costs.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join the team here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 185591
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time