Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Operations
Providing direction for common goals through good engineering design, Implementation, and validation of key projects to achieve the initiatives of productivity enhancement, business direction, and automated system control improvements. Provide technical support for the day-to-day operation of high-volume automated production lines. Identification and team support of key technology improvements. Provide administrative functions and oversight for Industrial Controls System production networks.
* Strong trouble-shooting and design skills for PLC (Rockwell), Automation ControlLogix and Siemens/TI 505 based controllers), Robotics (Fanuc 4 and 5 axis, Adept SCARA), Controller integrated Servo Motion Control (Allen-Bradley; Emerson ;Axima), Real time quality inspection, measurement, OCR/OCV vision systems(Cognex), Connectivity medium administration and design (Ethernet IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, ProfNet, ProfiBus, RemoteI/O, and serial over multiple medium), Enterprise Network architecture and compliance for ICS (Industrial Control Systems) including but not limited to (Server 2003 thru 2012, Network layout, Active Directory, IIS, Role
administration, Oracle, MsSQL; Invensys InSQL, IBM DB2 Database architecture, design, and maintenance). SCADA development, management and maintenance of full OT processes.
* Provide full support for the automated manufacturing lines including, but not limited to the administration of the SCADA systems, Level 1 and 2 manufacturing equipment and
instrumentation, industrial labeling (SATO, Zebra, Cognex, Omron vision systems) and associated peripheral systems.
* Provide technical input for business and productivity initiatives.
* Provide training to skilled trades, production, and engineering staff in the setup, use, and maintenance of the manufacturing assembly systems in support of design changes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to function as a team member and individual on projects.
* Identify opportunities for process improvements.
* Support plant drive towards implementation of industry 4.0.
This position has direct or indirect reports and will oversee daily work planning and supervision of Engineering technicians and electricians to support a 24/7 continuous production operation. This will require cooperation and communication with management, engineers, supervisors, skilled trades and production operators.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
* BS degree or equivalent experience (i.e. Electrical, Software disciplines) with at least 10 years of demonstrated continuous experience supervising engineers and technicians
Job ID: 185592
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.