Support Siemens Large Drives by
effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for
purchased materials. This involves building strong relationships with the
suppliers, and review of the suppliers related processes, such as material
containment, root cause analysis, long-term corrective action, and process
development. Other supporting responsibilities:
· Work with Engineering teams to define, support, and execute Supplier Quality plans for transformers
· Monitor production, field failure, and customer complaint data to identify root causes of transformer failures
· Work with suppliers to further develop Failure-Modes-and-Effects-Analysis (FMEA) to identify product and process failures and mitigation
· Maintain and analyze key performance indicators and cost of poor quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs
· Work closely with Engineering and suppliers to establish qualification criteria for new products
· Drive supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need to incoming inspection activities
Conduct audits to qualify and develop the
suppliers management system and manufacturing capabilities
· BS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
· Must have experience with mechanical and electrical systems, specifically in engineering design and drafting
· 5-7 years of experience in an Engineering role, preferably in an electronics or power systems environment
· Familiarity with transformers and transformer manufacturing
· Prefer experience working with suppliers, preferably in a supplier development role.
· Proven problem solving and analytical ability
· Effective facilitation skills
Effective communication and
collaboration skills. Proven ability
to work with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and
Job Family Responsibilities:
Job ID: 185617
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.