We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
- Leads the project management execution role within defined requirements such as schedule, budget, risk, opportunity and resource allocation management
- Ensure business success and satisfaction of the customer
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems within multiple departments and/or cross-functional areas
- Effectively develops creative and practical solutions for challenging situations in the management of EPC, ETO (Engineer-to-Order) and EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) projects ranging in value from $0.5 MM USD to over $200 MM
- Trusted contact for management and client groups, serving as the point of escalation and negotiations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with all organizational levels in English
- This will be a high visibility role which can lead to other opportunities within Siemens
- Travel to customer sites in Calgary and Edmonton required - 20%
- This position can be in either Calgary or Edmonton.
- Degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of successful experience working as a project manager, preferably in oil and gas
- Project Management designation is an asset (PMP or equivalent)
- Proven experience driving multi-million-dollar projects
- A motivated self starter with extensive experience in managing projects within the Energy, Engineering/Procurement/Construction (EPC).
- High electrical engineering technical aptitude on motors, VFD drives, and E-houses is a must
- Project experience across North America for any of the private, industrial and municipal markets
- Proficient public speaking is an asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees.
Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under
consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 185621
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.