Siemens is seeking an experienced Service Operations Manager to lead our field Service business in the Louisiana market. The Operations Manager directs the activity of staff, including the work of Service Supervisors, Service Account Engineers, Service Specialists, and Technicians. This role may also take on project management or high-level account management duties for larger customers.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all Building Automation and Fire & Security systems service operations activities to assure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
- Direct and supervise the development of service work to insure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars. Oversee supervision of all service and retrofit work and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with agreement requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work that we perform for them. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training/development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance of regulatory laws, changes, and requirements. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications, and services.
- Represent Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations, and affiliations while developing relationships with customers, contractors, and community leaders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of experience in the installation and maintenance of building technologies systems including at least two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Must obtain state or local fire alarm license as required by local or state regulations within six months of assuming position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 185642
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.