The Digital Grid Substation Automation Systems group located in Raleigh, NC is looking for a Substation Automation and Protection Engineer to support Siemens customers in the design of protection and control panels of substation automation systems and applications that incorporate Siemens or other automation products.
The engineer will also develop new application solutions with IEC61850 between other protocols and design systems on Siemens supplied automation and protection systems.
Specific Job Responsibilities
· Design, development, implementation, of substation automation systems
· Communication network design and configuration
· Interface with customers, including trouble shooting and commissioning support
· Provide technical back-office support for the sales/proposal team
· Design Electrical,Mechanical and System Drawings of Protection and Control Panels such as;
o Single Line Diagrams
o Tri Line Diagrams
o AC Schemactics
o DC Schemactics
o Wiring Diagrams
o Interconnection Diagrams
o Cable Schedule
o From To List
o BoM (Bill of Materials)
o Systems Signal List
o FDS (Functional Design Specification) Document
o Detailed Network Interconnection Diagrams
o Logic Diagrams
o Signal List
o Logic Diagrams
o Logic Diagrams
· The candidate will be required to travel to project sites
· Travel Time expected to be around 45%
· Minimum five years experience in the Protection and Control Engineering field.
· BS in Electrical Engineering
· Applied knowledge of;
o Communication Network Technologies, including design, configuration, and troubleshooting
o Communication protocols such as IEC61850, DNP, Profibus, Profinet, OPC, Modbus
· Solid knowledge of at least two of the following vendors' substation automation products and associated software packages: Siemens/GE/SEL/ABB
· Applied knowledge of transmission and distribution numerical relay and protection; capable of designing and specifying them; capable of approving and supervising the designs of other engineers.
· Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of ANSI standards applied to protection and controls of High and Medium Voltage Systems
· Project Execution experience
· Panel Test experience
· Control and Protection commissioning experience
· C Programming Language experience.
· Team Lead/Project Lead experience
· Advanced knowledge of Engineering Base (EB) Software for design.
· Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office Visio tools
· Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office Office tools
· Knowledge of IEC standards.
· Computer technologies knowledge
· Drafting abilities using AutoCAD or Microstation
· Microsoft Project
· Professional Engineer license
Job ID: 185650
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.