Location: Charlotte, NC
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions or in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
In this dynamic role, you will develop the advanced manufacturing solutions, strategy, roadmap under newly formed “New Technologies Introduction” group focused on manufacturing competitiveness of our plant operations. Knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing operations, NX-CAD/CAM, Process Control and Data acquisition (PLC, Sensors etc.) and Robotics applications (welding, pick-n-place programming). Primary focus is driving industrialization and operational excellence in these fields. Program management of these key manufacturing technologies projects. Support innovation management, technology scouting and management of customer interface to operations. Additional responsibilities include supporting R&D planning and business case development for new Manufacturing technologies.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Analyzing Data or information – Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data. Processing information – compiling, coding, categorizing, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data.
- Thinking Creatively — Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Directs the completion of manufacturing projects to improve manufacturing competitiveness of plant operations with internal and external partners.
- Directs the complex product manufacturing for a medium to large division to ensure that cost effectiveness, manufacturability, quality, and safety requirements are attainable in the production process.
- Development of the complex procedures, machining systems to support product modifications, qualification and validation
- Communication and coordination of manufacturing development activities between various supervisors, peers or subordinates, groups, plants at various locations locally/globally effectively.
- Demonstrates advance understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Support manufacturing development and lean manufacturing initiatives for plant operations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS in mechanical engineering/mechatronics/advance manufacturing or related discipline, advanced degree a plus (Equivalent related experience may substitute for a Degree)
plus years work experience in an advance manufacturing environment dealing with
complex machining, process controls or related fields
Process control i.e. PLC/Computer programming and Robotic programming is must
- 5 plus years’ experience with cost reduction targets in complex manufacturing environment.
- Functional knowledge in use of planning tools such as Microsoft Project & MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skill & social competency
- Ability to manage and direct several projects simultaneously of varying degrees of complexity
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 185667
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.